-Grounding helps with maintaining a balance between our human perspective and the transcendental perspective
-the intention of grounding is to anchor the soul's consciousness into the physical body.
-Grounded is our natural state of being. As we grow up and our parents and the society try to civilize us, we internalize the idea that we are nor perfect not deserving of unconditional love, and we choke off the source of life energy that is meant to support us
- Grounding is a necessary outflow, in contrast to the many inflows of energy into our systems
- it occurs in the give-and-take of our daily activities. But we might need to use specific techniques to ground ourselves if we have become over-charged
- Grounding is absolutely imperative to master if you are interested in spiritual development
is working with the ground in one way or the other. It is the process whereby we
do two things:
1) First, use earth energy to balance ourselves
2) Use grounding to clear unwanted aspects from our energy. Maintain an appropriate energy charge by releasing any energy which would constitute an excessive charge within the systems of the body, emotions, mind, etc.
Benefits of grounding.
-balanced breathing rhythm
-deep breathing- Ujjyai
-drawing down the prana- white light- from crown to root chakra
-body contact: body scanning
-3 centers: solar plexus, heart, head
- upper part and lower part
-support ( standing, sitting, lying)
-spine to sit on the earth and draw energy up the spine will also have a
-antakarana – threads up and down
Chakra 1, Base-Pelvis
Anchoring Yourself into the Earth
from emotions, stress, excess of spiritual pactices etc…)
-Roots of a tree
Yoga , massage
-1st chakra- Pelvis
on feet and knees
the body from the feet
-working on lower part of the body
-all body contact massage
of Lower part of the body
(For example: "My body feels warm and comfortable." "I am relaxed." "I enjoy being alive." "I enjoy expressing myself in my physical life." "I am calm." "I like to be physically active.")
- Monitor self talk - change negative to positive
-Count down from 10 to 0
-meditation exercises that entwine us with the mother earth gives us
strength, promotes healing energies
-meditation simultaneously anchoring to earth and accessing white light
-entwine/integrate with the essence of the father’s energy of Heaven and the essence of the Energy of mother Earth
-meditation of the tree
-breaking through the physical barrier to reclaim personal power
- Thanks and Blessings
-create and use mental safe places
Protection: Know how to seal your aura, use shields, mirrors, cut cords, close access points, and detect intrusions--or get a practitioner to do it for you. Use prayer and invocations daily for bringing in Light.
- Be more aware of food's effect upon our energy and our grounding.
- root crops: potatoes, beans, carrots, turnips, spices from the tubers or any root crop. Each provides a different aspect of grounding.
-ayurvedic diet: Vatas need grounding as they are in the realms of thought so often. Salt is composed of fire and water providing vata with moisture and warmth. Sweet is water and earth and therefore lends moisture and a sense of ground. Sour is made of fire and earth providing warmth and grounding.
Meat is grounding, especially red meat. Beets are also grounding.
Also the act of taking the time to really pay attention to and enjoy your meal-
recognizing it for the source of life that it is, makes a terrific grounding
- Salt is the grounding element. Salt is a purifier.
- learn to regulate your blood sugar through diet. Then even if you don't always eat that way you can keep blood sugar levels steady during challenging periods. This is empowering and stabilizing
onion, flaxseed, slow burning oils, ghee, butter
-good mineral supplements ( kelp, honey
-water, ice water
-Astrology and diet:
Earth Constitution (Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn)
Water Constitutution (Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces)
-splash water on face
Colours, crystals, essential oils, sounds
-colours: every colour vibrates at its own aural and visual frequency.
-red- 1st chakra
-black- sum of all the colours and stands for balance, wholeness and power- restorative
-stones: Carry a grounding stone with you, stones like Turitella Agate,
Turquoise, Tiger eye, or just a nice rock. Many stones will assist in grounding
when worn or carried by the user. (Do remember though not to confuse crystals
and other types of stones. Crystals open you up, stones ground you. –
grounding stones, protection stones
-essential oils: orange, lemon, vanilla, from earth essential oils
good grounding hobby
form of artistic creativity (music, painting, gardening, making candle etc…)
-social activities: sports, movies, conversations, dancing,..
-write, draw, paint to release emotional storms
Remember: It really does not mater how you ground, what
is important is that you ground!
Return to Silhouette